25 Questions to Help You Discover Your True Purpose
How to use this guide:
These questions are written strategically to help you sort out your strengths, passions, and purpose.
You may find the urge to answer these questions in your head, however it’s important that you spend the time to get these down on paper. The act of physically writing something sparks creativity and allows our subconscious to explore answers more deeply.
At the end of this exercise most people will have a clear idea of their true purpose and calling. If you don’t, simply hand your answers to someone else to look over. Often we have a blindspot to what’s right in front of us — especially when it’s a decision so personal. Trust that they can see what you can’t.
- What do people typically ask you for help with?
- What were your best subjects in school?
- What are some challenges or hardships that you have overcome or are in the process of overcoming? What was your process?
- What activities make you lose track of time?
- Who inspires you the most ( friends, family, actors, influencers?) What qualities about these people resonate with you?
- What makes you forget to eat/sleep/shower?
- What not-so-fun thing are you OK spending time on? (In the early stages of your business there will be things that you don’t enjoy)
- Which of the things listed in question 7 are you most OK doing?
- What is true about you today that would male your 8-year-old self cry?
- If you had to leave the house all day every day, but outside had every choice in where you would go, where would you head?
- You have 6 months to live and no consequences, what would you do?
- How will you measure your life? Possessions? Number of days you were happy?
- When you are with your closes friends what do you talk about?
- Ask your friends what you’ re best at. Sometimes an outside perspective is key.
- What extracurriculars did you participate in when you were in school? What did you love about those things?
- What are your core personal values?
- What can’t you live without?
- If you hit the lottery, what would be the first 10 things you would do?
- What do you think about in the shower?
- What brings you more energy after I’m complete with it then I had before I started?
- What happens in my dreams? (even the weird stuff)
- How do you label yourself and what restricts you?
- What interests or passions are you most afraid of admitting?
- What hidden clues does your home reveal? Walk around — what do the pictures, books and trinkets you own tell you about what you love?
- What do you secretly love about yourself? The things you are most proud of?
- Who will be your support person?