Some sales coaches will tell you that when people say “I can't afford it” that they're lying and you should “help them past their money blocks”. Those coaches are dicks.
That said, you should have some filters built into your marketing to avoid getting on the phone with people who can't afford your offer to begin with.
Though you may want to help all the people, that's just not loving. Because, let's be honest, they're going to think you're the shit and want to work with you more. Then they're going to feel sad and maybe even a bit embarrassed that they can't afford it.
Remember, marketing is about sorting… NOT selling.
Which means you should send those who can't afford it to your free or inexpensive resources (which I just know you've made undeniably incredible)…
And you should only be getting on the phone with those who can afford you.
This alone will NOT stop you from getting the “I can't afford it objection”.
But, it will allow us to sort through what's really going on and move past the objection towards a decision.
Watch this video to find out:
1. What are the 3 core roots of any objection
2. How to use a technique called “looping” to handle the objection and reopen the selling discussion (without coming across as a skeevy douche).
3. What to do if they throw a second objection at you.
PS — When you're ready, here are 3 ways I can help you create more clients for your coaching business or agency:
1. Grab the free case-study with how-to's around how my Platinum client Tasha went from $669/month to $1.2Million in just 18 months. Review the case study and training videos here: http://bit.ly/2DARhA5
2. Join my Implementation group and be a case study.
These groups are for those who are ready to go all-in and will make the time to implement (5+ hours per week for 90 days). These case study groups are the cheapest they will ever be, and you get a lot of access to me during the process. If you'd like in, send me a message at m.me/heatherprestanski and put “Implementation”.
3. Work with me privately 1:1
If you'd like to work with me through 1:1 mentorship to scale your coaching business or agency, send a message to m.me/heatherprestanski and put “Private”. I'll get back to you with all of the details.